Smart machines and the Industrial “Internet of Things” will push sweeping change through nearly every industry on the planet. It will be the most important technical and business trend of our lifetimes. The client acknowledges this trend, and we are actively implementing smart systems into all our machines. Together with our team, you will work on the cloud backend systems which will interact with our next generation of connected devices. Therefore, we require you to be passionate about embedded hardware and software, emerging technologies from the IoT world, industry 4.0, automation tools and state of the art development tools. To successfully transform the use cases of our stakeholders into finished products, involves collaborating with teams of varying background, selecting emerging technologies, building prototypes and preparing show cases and demos. This implies that you take initiative, are passionate about new innovations, are hands-on, are a strong communicator and are convinced everything can be continuously improved.
Our team is composed of a mix of passionate experts and generalists and you will be able to learn from them and work with them. But it will also be your task to keep track of new evolutions in a very broad range of technologies and gradually add extra knowledge and expertise to the team.
· Together with the team, develop IoT backend systems which are highly available and fault tolerant.
· Collaborate with the other developers to design, code, test, deploy and maintain features.
· Aspire to create the best quality systems, by writing unit tests and contributing to BDD acceptance tests, and by being a distinguished code reviewer.
· Proactively analyze and improve systems on efficiency, scalability, and stability.
· Embrace software craftsmanship and be involved with improving the development culture of the team.
· You are eager to develop a strong domain specific knowledge. You are passionate about the newest trends in IoT.
· You have 2+ years of relevant experience and a master’s degree in computer science or related fields.
· Significant experience with cloud applications & web architecture
· TCP/IP, networking fundamentals
· RESTful APIs (e.g., OpenAPI, Swagger)
· Various IoT and cloud protocols (e.g., HTTPS, MQTT, web sockets, etc.)
· Building systems at scale (e.g., thousands of devices sending telemetry)
· Experience with well-known cloud platforms such as (and preferably) Azure.
· An understanding of deployment of cloud systems (containers & container orchestration)
· Familiarity with IoT devices and IoT device management
· Understanding the essentials of security (e.g., TLS, public key crypto, X.509 CA certificates)
· Able to solve programming problems in Python.
· Practical experience with CI/CD e.g., Jenkins, Bitbucket or others.
· As a plus: SQL queries, frontend development, typescript
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
· You enjoy collaboration and being part of a successful team.
· Analytical, problem-solving, curious, eager to learn.
· You love presenting new ideas, methods and technologies to the team because you are convinced there is always a better way.