Network Operations is part of our client’s Technology, Information, Operations departement, assuring the optimal operation of our client’s network. You will be part of the operational team managing the access network.
- You analyse access network related problems (CMTS, modems, powerlines,….)
- You execute optimizations of the different network components under control of the access network team.
- You participate in project meetings to introduce new technologies, features, and services, focusing on the operational aspects.
- You perform and document acceptance- and regression testing to assure the smooth operation of new hardware and software resulting in a qualitative service.
- You come up with improvement initiatives that increase the network availability and implement them. (for example by test automation)
- You will support other second tiers, internal departments and, most important, the customer.
- Your interests and experiences brought you network-, system- and security-skills:
- You have experience with linux based systems and scripting languages (preferably Python).
- You have also a good understanding of network technologies and protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routing, Wifi, DOCSIS).
- You have a higher technical degree (bachelor/master) or equal by experience.
- You are fluent in English and Dutch.
- You are very analytical and solution minded.
- You are proud of your big sense of responsibility and customer focus.
- You are open to ideas and share yours with colleagues in a respectful way. You can work in group, but also individually.